The Kentucky Board of Pharmacy issues the following types of licenses and permits.
Use the link below to print your license/permit certificate.
Inspector County Map
Pursuant to 201 KAR 2:106, facilities must follow the steps below for closure.
- Notify the public at least 30 days in advance of closure.
- Submit a written notice of closure to the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy, Drug Enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Branch of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services at least 15 days in advance of closure.
- Verify with the Drug Enforcement Branch of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services that KASPER data is current and complete (if applicable).
- Upon closure, submit your permit, the actual date of cessation of operations and the final controlled substance inventory.
Theft or Loss Procedures
If your pharmacy has suffered a loss of controlled substances, please complete DEA Form 106
. This form needs to be submitted online to the DEA. Please print a copy and submit by mail or fax to the Drug Enforcement Branch and the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy. Additionally, please complete the appropriate form below and submit to the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy:
The changes below require an application, $75 payment and will result in a license/permit number change:
- Asset Sale
- Sole Proprietorship change [new owner or the addition of a partner]
- New incoming owner of a facility that is not a corporation or LLC
The changes below require notification only and will not result in a license/permit number change:
- Addition of new owners/officers in a corporation or LLC
- Sale of corporation
- Sale of stock in a corporation