Pharmacist Information

Updated 5/23/2024

How Do I...

Print my License?

Apply for Initial Licensure?

Information about applying for a license for the first time can be found on the Initial Pharmacist Licensure page.

Apply for Reciprocity?​​​​​​​​​​​

Information about applying for Reciprocity can be found on the Reciprocal Information page.

Apply for Initial Licensure as a Foreign Graduate?

Information about applying for your Initial License as a Foreign Graduate can be found on the Foreign Pharmacist Information page.

Guidance for Servicemembers and Spouses under Servicemembers Civil Relief Act License Portability ​​​​​​(PDF Link)​​

Become Opioid Antagonist Certified?

Application for Pharmacist Certification for Opioid Antagonist Dispensing​
Sample Opioid Antagonist Protocol and Education Sheets
Statewide Protocol provided by the Kentucky Department of Public Health
Opioid Antagonist Emergency Response Cabinets FAQs​

Become a Preceptor?​

Pharmacists seeking to serve as preceptors must have been licensed in Kentucky for not less than one year and must submit a request to the Board office. This request may be submitted via, fax or regular mail.

Update my information?

To change your information with the Board, complete the Individual Information Change Form. Submit to the Board office by email, or by fax, 502-696-3806.

Change my name?

The Board requires notification of name changes within thirty days. The Board requests that these requests be submitted by fax or email. All name changes must be supported with at least one of the following: a marriage certificate, a divorce decree, or an official court document authorizing the name change.

Request a Duplicate License?

In the event your license is either lost or destroyed, a duplicate license can be reissued. The Board requests that these requests be submitted by fax or email. Please indicate your license number on all correspondence.

Renew my License?

Approximately 8 weeks before the expiration date of your license, a renewal reminder will be mailed to your last known address on file at the Board office. Online renewal will be available beginning the first week of January. Please print a renewal application ​​if you wish to submit by mail. Do not submit proof of continuing education (CE) with your renewal. CE Audits are conducted using the NABP CPE Monitor. Please check your account periodically to avoid any discrepancies. Pharmacists newly licensed during the previous year are exempt from the current year CE requirements. A pharmacist license which is not renewed within thirty days from the expiration date will be placed in LAPSED status. In order to resume the practice of pharmacy in Kentucky subsequent to non-renewal, a pharmacist may be required to take and pass the MPJE and/or the NAPLEX.

Renew my license from Lapsed or Inactive Status?

​Please click here​ to find information about renewing your license if it is in Lapsed or Inactive Status.

Place my License in an Inactive Status?

Inactive License Procedure Pursuant to KRS 315.120 and 201 KAR 2:160

Any pharmacist not currently holding an active pharmacist's license in another jurisdiction who does not desire to meet the qualifications for active license renewal shall, upon application, be issued an inactive license. Such license shall entitle the license holder to use the term "pharmacist," but the license holder shall not be permitted to engage in the practice of pharmacy. Pharmacists maintaining an active license to practice in another state or jurisdiction are not eligible for inactive status in Kentucky.

  • ​To apply for inactive license from active status:


Pharmacist Information